Friday, October 2, 2009

ECPN Conference Call Minutes 9-17-09

ECPN Open Conference Call
September 17, 2009

Ruth Seyler
Ryan Winfield
Rachel Penniman
Karen Pavelka
Rose Daly
Anne Simon

I. Welcome

II. Project Updates

A. Communications

i. Guest Bloggers

Ryan has granted Katie admin status on the blogspot account in order to be able to add authors. To attract more bloggers, we need to brainstorm on incentives to post. Be more proactive about setting up a date to blog, so that it’s not on their back burner. Facebook posting has been good – what other ways are there to spread the blog? Maybe the people in the training advisory group can recruit their classmates – talk to Amber to see if we can’t ask in a welcome email to them that we’re looking for posters. Contact Dan Cull – see if he can share tips on how to get guest bloggers, or have suggestions on who to contact.

ii. Logos -
Get ourselves more branded. Try to tag posts. Logo needs to go by AIC board before they actually are used. Once posts are tagged we can ask for more submissions.

B. Outreach - Angels Project
Tony Rajer and Ruth Seyler have identified 5 potential sites. They in talks to pinpoint the final site, then we’ll move on to sponsorship and supply and the other issues. Karen Pavelka points out that this is the most important thing we’re doing from the group’s perspective. And it’s an enormous amount of work. Ruth will contact Paul Messier and see if he has a calendar/timetable set up based on his experience. Rachel Penniman asks what the group can do to help our more – Ruth says not to worry, there will be plenty to do once we get a site set up and a timeline in place.

C. Professional Development/Training
Karen Pavelka reports on behalf of Amber Kerr – no updates right now on PD/training.

D. 2010 budget
Ryan Winfield outlines the next budget
– travel to anagpic for chair $500
– travel to IAG for chair $500,
– Refreshments at annual meeting ECPN meeting $800.
– Possibly cost to rent mailing list from the college arts association to get out the fliers to relevant undergrad programs - will be minimal, probably $250. Or we can ask for money to print and then fall back on mailing list option.
– Check with Jason Church to see if we need budget for Audio Visual equipment.
This budget assumes that we won’t try for a workshop at the 2010 Annual Meeting. Deadline for all budget issues – October 1st. The Angels project has a separate budget. Ryan will draft a budget, and then it will be sent out to EPCN group officers for approval. The draft should be sent out by the end of next week.

III. New Business/Open Discussion
A. ICCROM– Amber is working with ICCROM to set up poster session.

B. Mentoring - Anne Simon says she and Angie would like help with matching participants and with logistics. Can there be another point person for the mentoring program? Discussion of the merits of trying to attract more participants to the mentoring program – Karen Pavelka points out that starting small is actually good. Match up who we can, and she will reach out to her contacts if more mentors are needed. We’ll do another blog post about mentoring, what a mentor can offer, so that potential mentors have a better sense of what they can offer and how to participate. Rachel Penniman and Katie Mullen will both help to get this off the ground and do whatever needs to be done – they will set up call with Ryan, Angie and Anne to get this sorted out.

IV Setting of next call and adjournment

October 15th, 1PM

A message will be sent out a day or two before the call with the phone #and pin #
No agenda requests will be sent out in the next meeting reminder in the hopes that more people will participate.

No comments: